Assistant Headteacher - Smallwood Primary School & Language Unit
Assistant Headteacher - (In charge of resourced provision for pupils with Speech Language and Communication Needs (SLCN))
Required for January 2021
Smallwood is a one and a half form entry school with a Language Unit for 40 pupils, which is situated in a vibrant and diverse community. We have an ongoing commitment to improving standards for all pupils and to further developing our provision and drive to meet their needs.
This post will primarily focus on leading the resourced provision for pupils with SLCN within the inclusive context of Smallwood Primary School. It will ensure that the needs of pupils are met within our well-resourced provision. The successful applicant will provide outstanding leadership of learning and teaching to ensure the active participation, learning and achievement of all pupils in our inclusive school.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an exemplary teacher
- Have a proven record of strong management and leadership skills, particularly in relation to Inclusion and pupils with SEND
- Have a passion for the and learning and development of pupils with SEND
- Be able to accept challenges, inspire and motivate others
- Have a desire to achieve and raise standards
- Be a committed team member
- Have the ability to engage the whole school community
- Be prepared to bring fresh perspectives to new Education initiatives
- A caring and supportive whole school community, culturally diverse and inclusive
- A dynamic and dedicated staff, committed to pupil success
- A creative environment, open to innovation
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and career progression
Visits to the school are encouraged where you will be warmly welcomed by a member of our team.
To arrange a visit please contact the School Office on 020 8672 6024 or email; email@example.com
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email - firstname.lastname@example.org post or fax.
Closing Date: Tuesday 20 October 2020 (at midnight)
Interview Date: Thursday 22 October 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory DBS, QTS and reference checks.
CVs are not accepted
Smallwood Primary School & Language Unit
Tooting SW17 0TW
Tel: 020 8672 6024
Headteacher Mrs F Loudon
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils