Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion from Easter 2019 (or sooner if possible).
Fircroft is a two-form entry, happy, vibrant community school in Tooting Bec, South London, rated Good by Ofsted in June 2017. We have a strong family ethos, are firmly committed to inclusion and very proud of our motivated pupils and our dedicated and enthusiastic staff team.
The successful candidate will join the senior leadership team and will be a champion for Inclusion, lead on Safeguarding and will be the co-ordinator of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. The successful candidate will be non-class based but will have a regular teaching commitment.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a strong belief in the potential of all children to succeed
• Be an exemplary teacher with experience across at least two primary phases
• Have SENDCo experience, preferably with accreditation
• Have a thorough understanding of Safeguarding
• Have a proven record of leading and managing staff towards improved outcomes, particularly with regards to children with SEND
• Be able to accept challenges, inspire and motivate others
• Be an aspirant school leader with a desire to raise standards and the ability to think strategically and creatively
• Be a committed team member and show a desire to support the Headteacher in managing and leading the school as a member of the Senior Leadership team
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. (Please ignore the apply button).
For any further details please contact the school on the telephone number or email below.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school to arrive by 12 p.m.
Closing date: 25 January 2019 (at noon)
Interview date: To be confirmed
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment subject to an enhanced DBS check
CVs are not accepted.
FIRCROFT PRIMARY SCHOOL
Fircroft Road, Tooting
London SW17 7PP
Tel: 020 8672 6258
Headteacher: Mrs Denise York