Careline Support Officer Casual Staff
The London Boroughs of Richmond upon Thames and Wandsworth present a unique opportunity to be part of a team who work together in a ground-breaking shared staffing structure across both boroughs.
Careline Support Officer
You will be required to work 8-hour shifts that include nights, weekends and bank holidays
We are looking for a dedicated and caring enthusiastic team member who will work with us to provide a demand led service to excellent standards in the delivery of providing a 24 hour emergency response for Careline /Telecare community alarms, CCTV & Out of Hours messaging services.
We provide a monitoring and response service currently both in the London Borough of Richmond and neighbouring borough of Kingston upon Thames. You will currently be based at the Civic Centre in Twickenham. This post will, in the next 12 – 18 months, move to a control room in Wandsworth which will provide a joint service to the London Borough of Richmond and the Borough of Wandsworth.
As part of our dedicated team you will be required to:
- Install & programme Careline/ Telecare equipment
- Handle out of hours emergency telephone calls for Richmond Council and other partners
- Monitor Assisted living accommodation, dispersed alarms and Telecare sensors
- Visit Sheltered housing tenants when the resident scheme manager is absent
- Be available for to work rostered out of hours on call and to attend emergency call outs & care assessment visits
- Monitor and administer CCTV in the Richmond/Wandsworth Area
You will have experience of dealing with older people and be able to handle crises calmly, quickly and logically. You need an excellent telephone manner and effective communication skills together with an understanding of the needs of older people, people with a disability and vulnerable people. The person specification for this role is shown on the Job Profile and candidates should evidence their suitability by addressing that specification.
Computer skills, telecare skills will be an advantage as would be a current First Aid Certification.
An Enhanced CRB check is required for this position.
You will work to a rota that included weekends, bank holidays, and unsociable hours. A clean current driving licence and the use of a car for business purposes are also required.
- For an informal discussion please contact Keith Free, Careline & CCTV Manager email@example.com
- Closing date: 24 march 2019
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services.
We are pleased to be Disability Confident employer.