Class Teacher for our semi formal pathway – MAT Cover - Greenmead Primary School
Teachers Pay Scale + SEN Allowance
TLR potential for a candidate with experience in areas in line with our school development plan.
Required for September 2022 (initially until 31st August 2023 with the potential of conversion to permanent).
ECT’s are welcome to apply.
Are you passionate about securing the best outcomes for children with special educational needs and particularly for those who are semi-formal pathway learners?
Greenmead School is an Outstanding Special School (November 2022) for primary aged pupils who have severe and/or multiple learning difficulties, some who have additional communication and physical disabilities and/or complex medical needs.
‘The school is calm, friendly and welcoming. Pupils said that they feel safe. They get on very well with staff and with each other. Pupils value the friendships that they make and enjoy the time they spend together. All of this contributes to pupils’ excellent behaviour in school. Staff encourage pupils to follow the five school values in all aspects of school life.’(Ofsted 2021)
‘Pupils really enjoy attending Greenmead School. The nurturing atmosphere helps pupils to thrive. Staff are experts in communicating with pupils. They are also skilled in helping pupils to develop their confidence.’ (Ofsted 2021)
This is an opportunity to join our supportive team of highly regarded teachers. We have a state-of-the-art building with wonderful new facilities co-located with an Outstanding Primary School with a shared vision for establishing a truly inclusive community.
We are looking for someone who is;
- A qualified teacher with QTS or who is a successful ECT where we will support you to gain your QTS
- Aligned with our school values: Communication, Collaboration, Care, Community and Curriculum
- Has knowledge and experience in teaching children with special educational needs and physical disabilities particularly semi-formal learning needs from Keystage 1 – 2 and experience with pupils with ASD is desirable.
- Has the ability to inspire and develop pupils to achieve their full potential through creative teaching and researched based pedagogy
- Excited about working in collaboration with multi-professional agencies to secure the best outcomes for all children
- Has excellent classroom management skills and is able to effectively lead a team of support assistants
- Has experience in leading in an area of the curriculum to promote teaching and learning across the school. If you are an ECT this will be discussed and agreed with you.
- Has a knowledge of Integrated Therapy, as well as, providing care support for pupils as part of their daily provision.
We can offer:
- A supportive and committed staff team who enjoy working creatively, collaboratively and innovatively with one another
- Happy and enthusiastic children
- A well-resourced and pleasant working environment
- A location with excellent transport links
- Training opportunities to further your professional development including middle leadership training for the right candidate through a supportive performance management system.
- A team of therapists who are on site and who actively work in partnership with the school and class teams to provide integrated therapy.
Candidates can arrange to visit the school or organise a TEAMS conversation with the Deputy Head. To arrange a visit or call please contact the school office on 020 8789 1466.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below
Alternatively, You can get an application form and job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application should be returned to the school r by email - email@example.com
Closing date: 25 May 2022 (at noon)
Interview:27 May 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
Greenmead Primary School
147 Beaumont Road
Telephone: 020 8789-1466
Headteacher: Toni Edmonds-Smith
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils