Deputy Headteacher - Garratt Park Primary School
Start date: 23 April 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Garratt Park School is an outstanding special school in Earls field in the London Borough of Wandsworth. We cater for184 students aged 11-19 with moderate learning difficulties (MLD). Around 40% of our students also have Autistic Spectrum Conditions, and around two thirds have communication and interaction difficulties. In addition, we have a number of students with a variety of complex needs.
We are a welcoming and inclusive school community with a highly cohesive and positive staff. We offer high-quality in -service training.
Would you like to join us?
Following the retirement of our previous Deputy Headteacher after 12 years’ service, we are now seeking a person with energy, vision and highly developed interpersonal skills to join our experienced Leadership Group. The successful candidate will:
• have successful school management experience,
• be committed to and thoroughly aware of safeguarding and child protection
• have sound experience of working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
• have experience of managing staff performance
• communicate a clear rationale for monitoring and evaluation of the school’s work
• be familiar with curriculum design
• be a good communicator who is used to presenting to large audiences
• have a good knowledge of assessment methods appropriate to students with SEND
• communicate a clear vision for desired outcomes with our student cohort
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. (Please ignore the apply button).
A visit to the school prior to interview is expected. To arrange this, or for any further details please contact Janice Button at the school on the telephone number below or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application should be returned to the school by email, post or fax.
Closing date: 01 February 2019 (at noon)
Interview date: 12 February 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
GARRATT PARK SCHOOL
Waldron Road, London, SW18 3TB
Tel: 020 8946 5769
Fax: 020 8947 5605
Headteacher: Michael Reeves
Current roll: 179