Deputy Headteacher - Heathmere Primary School
Full time - Permanent
Start April 2019 or September 2019 for the right candidate
Heathmere Primary School is an inner London school on the edge of Richmond Park. We are ‘Always Learning’ and everything we do is about giving our children the best opportunities possible. Reading sits at the heart of our curriculum and the staff at Heathmere are passionate about learning. We are looking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to lead on Teaching and Learning with specific responsibility for Curriculum and Assessment. The successful candidate will also be responsible for behaviour.
We are looking for someone who:
• Will buy into our whole school values of respect, resilience and high expectations
• Will be strategic and relentless in the pursuit of excellence for the children
• Has drive, determination and a commitment to raising standards
• Believes in inclusion and achievement for all children
• Has an excellent track record in improving outcomes for children as a teacher and leader
• Can work alongside staff to improve the quality of teaching and learning for the children
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in partnership with a Leadership Team who are highly motivated and continually looking to improve things
• A commitment to developing your leadership skills and opportunities to undertake training such as NPQH
• A school that is part of a Teaching School Alliance and that is frequently used as a model of good practice that is shared with other schools
• An inclusive school which holds the Inclusion Quality Mark Flagship Status
• A team of staff and governors who are passionate and committed to our school being the best it can be
• A non-classroom based role but with a teaching commitment
• Children who want to learn and have excellent behaviour for learning
• A high staff morale and a calm environment
The school is well-served by buses from areas such as Kingston, Putney, Hammersmith, Fulham, Wandsworth and Clapham Junction. It is situated on the A3 with easy access by car from South London, West London and Surrey. There is free on-street parking and secure bike storage.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please phone to make an appointment or email the School Business Manager email@example.com
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. (Please ignore the apply button).
Completed applications should be returned to the school via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28 January 2019 (at 9am)
Interviews: 01 February 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
Heathmere Primary School
Alton Road, Wandsworth, London SW15 4LJ
Tel: 020 8788 9057
Headteacher: Miss Emma Lewis BEd (Hons), NPQH
Age range: 3 - 11
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils