Early Years ASD Resource Base Manager - Little Hillbrook - Hillbrook Primary School
Start date – September 2019
Hillbrook Primary School is a very happy and successful learning community where everyone is welcomed and valued. We are a large 3 – 4 form entry school based in the heart of Tooting in South West London and very close to both Tooting Bec and Tooting Broadway Stations. We are proud to be an outstanding school with a great reputation and close links to our community.
This post is an exciting opportunity to lead our Early Years ASD Resource Base for children with social and communication difficulties. Our Base is part of our school site, close to our Early Years area.
The Base caters for up to 20 FTE pupils aged 2 – 4. The children attending the ASD Base will have a diagnosis or queried diagnosis of ASD/Communication disorder or be under assessment. The school is proud of its inclusive ethos and of its commitment to meet the needs of all its pupils.
You will need: -
• To have experience of working within a resource base or specialist provision
• To have relevant experience of the Foundation Stage and experience of working with children with either ASD, significant communication difficulties or developmental delay in the acquisition of social skills
• To have ideally additional SEN qualifications and experience in working with families
• To be able to communicate effectively with a range of professionals to ensure the best outcomes for the children and their families
• To be able to show initiative and ‘think outside the box’ when necessary
• To be a flexible team player who has the ability to motivate, challenge and inspire others
• To lead staff training as appropriate
• To be an excellent communicator and team player who can form positive and meaningful relationships with staff, children, governors, parents and the wider community
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to: -
• Be part of a forward thinking, vibrant and happy school community
• Work with a great staff who support and value each other (we have fun!)
• Work in a friendly, inclusive and supportive environment
• Have opportunities to develop and grow professionally
• Lead a well -resourced, high quality provision that has been purpose built
• Be well supported by a leadership team with a genuine desire to promote and develop a healthy work life balance, who are visible and lead by example
• Work alongside an active and caring Governing Board
• Continue to develop strong links to external agencies and partners who have a commitment to achieving the best outcomes for children
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please contact Claire Martin via the school office.
To apply please download an application pack from the Wandsworth Council website which can be found via the ‘visit website’ button at the top of this page.
For more information and to arrange a visit, please phone 020 8672 3957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email, post or fax.
Closing & Shortlisting Date: 07 May 2019 (at noon)
Interview Date: 10 May 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Hillbrook Primary School
London SW17 8SG
Tel: 020 8672 3957
Fax: 020 8767 1081
Headteacher: Mrs Debbie Hart
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils