Occupational Health Business Administrator Apprenticeship
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- To work closely with Human Resources colleagues to support the OH clinics and their administration including co-ordination of files, allocation of appointments, filling cancellation appointment slots, meeting and greeting. This will require the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- To produce high quality correspondence and provide high quality customer care to all users of the service, including the provision of general administrative support for the Occupational Health staff
- To update spreadsheets in relation to Health History Forms, starters, leavers etc.
- To maintain an accurate filing system for staff files
- To process management referrals to Occupational Health, including input into a database
- To ensure Occupational Health supplies are fully stocked at all times, including photocopying of forms, flyers for the clinic rooms etc.
- To support the health assessment provision by recording results and sending out results packs etc.
- To contribute to the dispatch of clinic reports and the process for requesting medical information from GP’s and other health professionals
- To contribute to health promotion activities by producing posters, photocopying handouts, setting up stands etc.
- To manage medical sensitive information that is highly confidential in a way that is tactful, professional and ensures confidentiality is maintained at all times and in line with Council processes
- To provide general admin support to colleagues as required
- To represent Occupational Health and HR in a professional manner at all times
- To work within the following hours i.e. 8.30 am to 4.30 pm to fit in with Occupational Health clinics etc.
- To work in a centralised, multi-site HR Service servicing the Shared Staffing Arrangement between the London Borough of Richmond-upon-Thames and the London Borough of Wandsworth
Generic duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the services of the Boroughs of Wandsworth and Richmond
- To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct and policies concerning data protection and Health and Safety
- To adhere to security controls and requirements as mandated by the SSA’s policies, procedures and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability and legal compliance of information and systems
- To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and working to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected
- To understand both Councils’ duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children, young people and adults as they apply to the role within the council
The Shared Staffing Arrangement will keep its structures under continual review and as a result the post holder should expect to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of the post.
Our Apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and a nationally recognised qualification. You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given protected time to complete your course work. The scheme is designed for individuals who are living and entitled to work in England and are not in full-time education. When you’ve finished, we’ll help you to find a permanent role.
Start building your future with an apprenticeship, and the sky’s the limit.
You will be working towards a Business Administration qualification. The level is dependant on the successful candidate.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
To apply for this post please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in finding out more?
Please feel free to contact Ashley Redman on 020 8871 8627 or email email@example.com please note that if you are successful in being shortlisted you will be contacted via the details supplied on your CV.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils