School Business Manager - Furzedown Primary School
36 hours per week
Term Time only (41 weeks per year) - with flexibility for the right candidate
Permanent Full time
As soon as possible
Do you want a challenge? Are you passionate about education? Would you like to make a strategic difference to our school community, including improving the life chances and life choices of all of our children? If so, Furzedown is the place for you!
We are seeking a dedicated, highly skilled, innovative and enthusiastic individual who is able to think creatively and who has experience of managing teams to work in partnership with our Headteacher to contribute significantly to the leadership of our inclusive, caring and inspiring community school.
The successful candidate will provide the vision, knowledge and expertise in all aspects of school business management. They will have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and be responsible for managing a team of administration, extended services and premises staff.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational person with:
- Sound experience of financial management and budgetary planning and control;
- Experience of human resources management;
- An excellent working knowledge of ICT systems; preferably a knowledge of SIMS software;
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills;
- The ability to adapt, design, develop and procure robust information and administrative systems;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Drive and commitment to take us forward into the next phase of our school’s development.
We will offer you:
- A ‘Good’ school, Ofsted March 2017
- A happy inclusive environment of children and staff with a firmly established ethos of caring for one another in our school family
- Excellent support from governors, the senior leadership team, parents/carers and the local community
- A strong team of dedicated staff
- An exciting opportunity with excellent career advancement continuing professional development opportunities
- Flexibility in working
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact Debbie Boxall at email@example.com
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed application should be returned to the school by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26 May 2022 (at noon)
Short listing: 27 May 2022
Interview: Week commencing 06 June 2022
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert before the closing date upon receipt of successful applications.
Furzedown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS clearance.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Furzedown Primary School
Telephone: 0208 672 3480
Headteacher: Mrs. D. Morris
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils