Administration Assistant - Maternity Cover - Earlsfield Primary School
36 hours per week (Mon – Thur 8am – 4pm, Fri 8am to 3.45pm with a 45minute lunch)
Term Time only (39 Weeks)
Required 6th June 2022 (or earlier by agreement)
We are a popular primary school in South West London who wish to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with good clerical skills to provide reception duties and administrative support to the main school office. We offer a friendly and supportive environment and excellent professional development opportunities.
Working on the front desk, you will be the first point of contact for pupils, parents / carers and outside agencies; you will need to have a positive, friendly and approachable manner, while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
The post will involve
- General office duties such as photocopying, filing and distributing mail.
- Reception duties including answering enquiries on the telephone, in writing and in person.
- Stock control, including checking and distributing orders.
- Providing clerical support to the Senior Leadership Team
- Have a professional and friendly manner as first point of contact for the school
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be flexible and able to work on their own or as part of a team
- Have excellent ICT skills and be proficient in Word, Excel and the use of email.
- Have excellent time management skills, be able to multi task and solve problems using your own initiative
Qualifications in English or Maths or an NVQ are essential.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Further details can be obtained by contacting the school by email: email@example.com or on 020 8946 5452. You can also visit our website www.earlsfield.wandsworth.sch.uk to find out about the many things we do!
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post. We encourage applications via email.
Closing date: 22 April 2022 (4pm)
Interviews: Week commencing 25 April 2022
When completing the form candidates should refer to the job description and person specification.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be taken up for all candidates who are invited to interview as part of our safer recruitment procedures.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Earlsfield Primary School
London, SW18 3QQ
Tel: 020 8946 5452
Headteacher: Steve Trow
Number on Roll 463
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils