Administrative Assistant - • Bolingbroke Academy
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated individual to develop their experience within our passionate and ever courageous community.
We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence. We are a value led organisation, being bold within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and model leadership and determination to the pupils and students within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing the individual and ensuring personal development. This is delivered through weekly CPD sessions, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to have their voice and develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff.
In this role you will provide a comprehensive administrative and First Aid support to the school including providing support to the Data Officer, staff, governors, pupils and parents. You will collaborate with the other members of the Operations Team to uphold the vision and ethos of the school at all times and provide excellent customer service to a range of stakeholders.
Reports to: Office Manager
Start date: September 2021 – March 2021
Salary: Band 1 £21,815 - £22,206
Working hours: 36 per week Term time only – Fixed Term until April 2022
Closing Date: 21st September 2021 (8am)
- Establish and maintain efficient administrative systems and processes to support the effective running of the school
- Providing first aid for pupils, manage medical conditions and medicines for pupils, order first aid and stationery supplies.
- Assist with student welfare and liase with parents where necessary.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support for the school.
- Working alongside the Data Officer; maintaining system records, updating as and when necessary.
- Liaise and communicate with pupils, staff, parents and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and professionalism.
- Oversee and implement Administration of School Trips.
- Provide cover for the reception desk as necessary
- Actively promote the safety and welfare of our children and young people
- Ensure compliance with Arks data protection rules and procedures
- Liaise with colleagues and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy
- Work with Ark Central and other academies in the Ark network, to establish good practice throughout the network, offering support where required
This job description is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager.
School ethos and culture
- Bolingbroke Academy has an ethos of high expectations, courage and compassion. We want staff to act as role models for these practices.
- Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its pupils can achieve.
- We value difference and embrace the individual.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils