Analyst Support Officer
This role is an excellent opportunity for a collaborative problem solver who wants to make an immediate impact in a large organisation that serves diverse communities with varied needs. Using internal, externally sources and public data, you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of analytical and strategic projects, with significant organisational and social impact.
The postholder will be supporting the work of intelligence analysts and data scientists by extracting, cleaning, and summarising data. The postholder will also be writing reports, maintaining, and updating analytical products and responding to requests for data and information. The postholder will work closely with intelligence analysts in the team and across the council to support the delivery of Insight and Analytics Team’s work plan and contribute towards advancing data and analytics across the SSA.
You will be joining the corporate Insight and Analytics Team that supports departments and projects across Richmond and Wandsworth Councils and works with various local third-sector and health and social care partners.
Team’s vision is to serve the needs of residents and service users by providing quality and credible analytical intelligence and insight to facilitate council and partner decisions regarding best use of resources, service delivery and policy development.
- Demonstrate curiosity and apply an analytical mindset when approaching analytical problems.
- Provide analytics support towards products such as annual reports, needs assessments, strategic assessments, service reviews etc.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and develop
- Extract, collate, summarise data and develop dashboards and reports
- Clean, manipulate and link various types of data
- Summarise and present data and conclusions in the most appropriate format for users
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Highly numerate with skills in the analysis, reporting and interpretation of data analyses
- Ability to clean, analyse, summarise, and manage data
- Advance MS Excel Skills and proficient in PowerBI
- Able to query using SQL (desirable)
- Conduct analysis using R or Python (desirable)
- Eager to learn, curious and motivated to develop new skills
Current role is a fixed term post for 2 years, or secondment opportunity.
- Data science apprenticeship for suitable and motivated candidates
- Working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance
- A very positive and supportive environment where creativity and hard work are supported and appreciated.
- A supportive management team and peer group that is keen to teach and learn from the position holder.
- 31 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as Performance Related Pay, membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including, working from home, compressed or part-time hours, term time only, job shares and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: 1 August 2021
Test Date: 4th August 2021 (test will be emailed with 24 hours to complete).
Interview Date: 11 August 2021
For further information in relation to this role please contact the recrutiment team via Recruitment@richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
All internal applicants for this secondment/fixed term contract must seek permission from their current line manager before applying. Failure to do so may result in the secondment not being authorised.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils