Art Teacher (Maternity Cover) - Hillbrook Primary School
Required November 2020 – November 2021
Hillbrook is more than a primary school, it is a happy, successful learning community where everyone is welcomed and valued.
We are a large 3/4 form entry Outstanding Primary School with a fantastic reputation. We are at the heart of a diverse and vibrant multi-ethnic community located in Tooting South West London, very close to both Tooting Broadway and Tooting Bec Stations.
We are looking for a talented, innovative and enthusiastic teacher to teach Art across the school (during class teacher PPA release) and to co-ordinate Art and Learning Environments across the school. This will be year’s post to cover the maternity leave of our current art teacher.
The successful candidate will need to:
- be an enthusiastic and talented teacher who provides positive and high quality learning experiences
- have the highest expectations and standards for yourself and your pupils
- be organised, resourceful and creative
- be a team player who will go the ‘extra mile’
- be passionate about teaching and learning and stimulating children’s curiosity
- be committed to genuine inclusion at every level
- be able to form positive relationships with all stakeholders
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to:
- Be part of a happy, vibrant and extremely successful school
- Work in a school community where parents are friendly, supportive and involved in school life
- Work with a great staff that value and support each other (we have fun!)
- Work in a well-resourced, organised and well cared for environment
- Have excellent opportunities to develop and grow as a practitioner as well as good prospects for career progression
- Teach happy children who love school and want to achieve their very best
- Be well supported by a leadership team who genuinely promote a healthy work life balance, who are visible and lead strongly by example
- Work alongside a supportive and active Governing Body
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed applications to be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or post.
For more information and to arrange a visit, please contact Claire Martin via the school office.020 8672 3957.
Closing Date: 12 October 2020 (at noon)
Provisional Interview Date: 15 October 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory DBS and reference checks.
CVs are not accepted.
Hillbrook Primary School
Hillbrook Road, London SW17 8SG
Tel: 020 8672 3957
Fax: 020 8767 1081
Headteacher: Mrs Debbie Hart
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils