Assistant Business Manager - Oak Lodge School
36 hours per week (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Term Time Plus (41 weeks)
We are a secondary school for pupils who are D/deaf or have hearing, speech, language or communication needs. We are seeking to recruit an experienced administrator to the role of Assistant Business Manager to provide support to the schools Business Manager, Executive Headteacher and other senior leaders.
This post will report directly to the School Business Manager and will involve –
• Executive Headteacher diary management.
• Arranging and organising paperwork for meetings. Minute taking.
• Collating data for inspections and audits.
• Analysing data to produce reports to specific criteria.
• Assisting with recruitment, training and development of staff.
• Line managing reception staff.
• Liaising with the Clerk to the Governors to arrange meetings and circulate documents.
• Assisting with reviewing policies and procedures.
• Working with the network manager to ensure the website is up to date and meets legal requirements.
• Promoting a positive image of the School.
You will need to:
• be punctual, presentable and friendly;
• have excellent communication skills;
• have previous experience of working with confidential / sensitive information;
• be able to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an advanced level;
• experience of updating websites;
• previous experience in a school and use of SIMS and FMS will be a distinct advantage;
• knowledge of BSL an advantage.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Alternatively, please contact the school for any further details on the telephone number or email address below.
Completed application forms should be emailed to: email@example.com or posted to the address below FAO: Karen Chapman, School Business Manager.
Closing date: 19 September 2019 (at noon)
Interviews: 24 September 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CV’s are not accepted.
OAK LODGE SCHOOL
101 Nightingale Lane
London SW12 8NA
Tel : 020 8673 3453
Executive Headteacher: Derek Kitchin
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils