Assistant Head Teacher - Victoria Drive Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
One Year Fixed Term contract to cover Maternity Leave
September 2021- August 2022
Victoria Drive PRU is an outstanding PRU that supports pupils with SEMH needs across Wandsworth. We are currently looking to recruit an excellent teacher with leadership experience to cover a maternity leave.
You will have strong leadership skills, a successful record of school improvement and will share our passion for achievement and high standards for all.
You will have experience of working with different ages and an excellent knowledge of SEND systems.
Enthusiasm and drive are essential as well as a commitment to the pursuit of outstanding teaching and learning and leading the curriculum. You will work alongside the Head teacher and Assistant Head teacher.
- Supporting curriculum coordinators
- Developing current assessments for core subjects with curriculum coordinators
- Undertaking learning walks
- Lesson observations
- Monitoring of planning
- Book looks
- Learning journey profile monitoring
- Ensuring an outstanding learning environment
- Overseeing visitors
- Assessment for Learning
- Monitoring effective feedback and marking
- Ensuring broad and balanced curriculum for 1:1 sessions.
- Maintain external links with other SEMH provisions
- Update CPD opportunities linked to the curriculum.
- Educational visits co-ordinator
- Support staff curriculum development
- Capturing pupil voice in learning
- Facilitating and supporting effective resources
We can offer you:
- a positive and caring ethos with children and learning at the heart of all we do.
- a commitment to support children with complex needs and their families.
- a leadership team that wants to continuously improve and enable everyone to thrive.
- a talented, friendly and supportive teaching team.
- an opportunity to work within an outstanding SEMH setting.
Visits to Victoria Drive PRU are essential.
Please arrange to meet the Head teacher, Eileen Shannon or Deputy Head teacher Hannah Clarkson, prior to your application to discuss the post in detail.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Alternatively please contact Sarah Parmenter, School Bursar by phone: 020 8780 2360, or contact by email: email@example.com
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
Closing date: Noon Friday, 30th April 2021
Interviews: Tuesday,11th May 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Victoria Drive Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
78, Victoria Drive
Telephone: 020 8780 2360
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils