Assistant Headteacher - Southmead Primary School
Required for December 2019
The Headteacher and Governors of this welcoming and inclusive school are looking to appoint an excellent and highly motivated practitioner to join our leadership team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their leadership skills in a highly supportive environment.
Southmead Primary School is a thriving and vibrant place of learning, where we value and harness everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our work. You will be joining an ambitious, dedicated and happy team.
If you have a true passion for teaching and learning and want to help all our children make the best possible progress from their starting points; if you have children at the heart of your teaching practice then we are the school for you. We are a culturally diverse school and welcome applications from all. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people and all our staff share this vital commitment.
This role is combined with a part-time teaching commitment. The successful candidate will also be responsible for leading statutory assessment and all that this encompasses, including analysing data and reporting to the Headteacher, Governors and SLT.
Our New Assistant Head will:
• Work alongside the Headteacher and Leadership team
• Be an excellent practitioner and have the ability to lead staff
• Have experience of leading Assessment and a core subject effectively across a school
• Will be able to analyse and interpret in house data and from other sources eg REU/Super School Profile
• Experience of leading on whole school moderation
• Experience of leading on administration/organisation of statutory tests
• Have previous experience of using data tracker software
• Have exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills
• Be passionate about children and have a proven record of raising achievement
In return we offer:
• Happy children who love learning and are proud of their school
• A welcoming, caring and dedicated staff that are committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
• Clear succession planning to enable all staff to develop leadership skills for the future
• Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
• A strong, ambitious and supportive leadership team
• A nurturing, inclusive culture and ethos that recognises the efforts of all members of the school community
Please make an appointment to come and visit our school and see for yourself.
For an application pack or to arrange a visit to the school please contact, Jan Dixon, Office Manager, on 0208 788 8901 or via email Jan.email@example.com
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email - Jan.firstname.lastname@example.org, post or fax.
Closing date: 25 November 2019 (at Noon)
Interviews: 29 November 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
Southmead Primary School
Tel: 0208 788 8901
Fax: 0208 788 8782
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils