Business Adminstration Apprentice - Planning and Technical Support
About the Apprenticeship
Our Apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and a nationally recognised qualification. You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given protected time to complete your course work. The scheme is designed for individuals who are living and entitled to work in England and are not in full-time education. When you’ve finished, we’ll help you to find a permanent role.
- To manage queries and information from internal and external customers efficiently and effectively via email, telephone, post and occasionally face to face
- To undertake general administrative duties across the department including incoming and outgoing post, monitoring of email inboxes, uploading, redaction and categorisation of letters of representation and responses from consultees - as well as the general public
- To support the process of the receipt of planning applications through numbering applications, sorting banking fees for those applications
- Shadowing other senior members of the team, until competent to work alone
- Making up of physical and electronic planning application files, including redacting and categorising documentation for internal and external users
- To manage own time effectively, using a range of skills and techniques (diary management, timetabling, priority setting etc.)
- To communicate effectively with members of the team, listening actively to instructions and asking questions where necessary
- To ensure confidentiality is a priority in all work activities
- To provide high levels of customer service at all times, taking time to listen actively to customers and explain clearly the reasons for any action taken
- To undertake a course of studies and develop a broad range of skills within the requirements of the service to achieve a nationally recognised Apprenticeship or another qualification
- To develop a working knowledge of Wandsworth Council policies and procedures including your responsibilities within these procedures
- Through personal example, promote the values and behaviours (including equalities) that underpin the organisational strategy of Wandsworth Council
- Carry out any other such duties, not outlined above, as may be requested by your line manager as appropriate to the post
- Support the remaining team members where necessary with other tasks, once shown how to undertake them
- To ensure that all necessary data is provided in an accurate, reliable and timely manner, ensuring the data is fit for purpose, in accordance with the Council’s Data Quality Policy
- Health and Safety – to work in accordance with the Council’s commitment to provide a healthy and safe working environment, including the promotion and implementation of Health and Safety policies and procedures
A Level 2 competency or functional skills qualification in both maths and English (e.g. GCSE grade 7-4 / A-C), or other suitable qualification must be achieved or have been achieved
You will be working towards a Business Administration Level 3 qualification and functional skills (where required).
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
TO APPLY - Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in finding out more?
Please feel free to contact Jackie Brown on 07557 863 654 or email email@example.com
Please note that if you are successful in being shortlisted you will be contacted via the details supplied on your CV.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils