The London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the London Borough of Wandsworth present a unique opportunity to be part of a team who are working together to create a ground-breaking Shared Staffing Arrangement (SSA) across both boroughs.
The Authorities have committed to delivering a predominantly in-house Facilities Management Service with a single team operating across both boroughs, The Facilities Management Team sits in the Property Services Department within the Housing and Regeneration Directorate.
The service delivers a wide range of Facilities Management Services ranging from mechanical, electrical and building fabric maintenance, statutory compliance, building cleaning, porterage, security, catering, printing and events management. The Head of FM is responsible for an in-house service of up to 100 directly employed staff as well as specialist contracts.
We are looking to appoint a CAFM Manager responsible for;
- Further development and ongoing management of the CAFM system ensuring that PPM and reactive maintenance tasks are validated from inception to completion.
- To provide regular reporting on SSA FM statutory compliance status.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive technical guide to the CAFM system. This will include new processes and additional features as they are developed and introduced in the CAFM system.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all CAFM system users and FM service delivery staff in relation to their management information reporting requirements
- Provide first line support, and manage second and third line escalation routes into the SSA IT team and Concerto to ensure quick, effective issue resolutions. This includes mobile applications support.
- Manage system administration tasks including user issue management
- Own and maintain the electronic asset database used to generate annual PPM Plan.
- Project lead on wider development opportunities for the CAFM system.
- Responsible for using knowledge of CAFM functionality, capability and database operations to ensure the most effective collection and interpretation of data stored to inform major asset management strategies.
- To work with key stakeholders to develop management information and FM performance reporting aligned to KPIs.
- Train FM colleagues to develop a detailed understanding and use of CAFM data applications.
- Identify innovations and continuous improvement opportunities via the CAFM system which drive value for money and process efficiencies.
In addition to the skill above the candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional IT skills with a track record in development and delivery of computer aided facilities management systems
- Line management experience
- Excellent customer service and user liaison skills
- Team player
- Politically aware
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 14th July 2019
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils