Catering Assistant – Permanent Post - Eastwood Day Nursery
Part Time 30 hours per week Monday to Friday: (9.45am- 4.30pm 45 minute unpaid lunch break)
THIS IS AN ALL YEAR ROUND POSITION IN OUR DAY NURSERY
We are looking to recruit someone wanting a role where you will be a valued member of the team, feel a sense of belonging and make a positive impact on the lives of the children we work with. You will be required to work in our Day Nursery and be responsible to the Day Nursery Manager and deputies in providing a high level catering/housekeeping service.
You will be required to work across various rooms within the Day Nursery, including the kitchen, classrooms and laundry.
As the Catering Assistant you will be required to:
- Receive meals from our external catering company and prepare for meal service in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene standards
- Ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational
- Maintain basic order, food handling and Health and Safety forms
- Ensure that cleaning consumables stocks are maintained and available
- Clear away and clean up food serving areas after meals
- Carry out simple laundry tasks
In addition to developing your personal and professional role as Catering Assistant, you will have the following personal attributes and experience or skills and qualifications:
- An understanding of the importance of health and hygiene
- The ability to work quickly and to the required standard
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with children aged 0-5 years.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
For any further details about us, please visit our website or contact us by phone on 020 8876 3976. We also welcome visits where this can be facilitated safely.
Completed application should be returned by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 4th July 2022 (at midday)
Interview date: Friday 8th July 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Eastwood Day Nursery
166 Roehampton Lane
London, SW15 4HR
Tel: 020 8876 3976
Executive Headteacher: Emma Williams
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils