Class Teacher - ASD - Linden Lodge
Hours: Full-Time – 1FTE
Required: January 2023
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF AN OUTSTANDING AND SUCCESSFUL TEAM?
ARE YOU A CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE PRACTITIONER?
ARE YOU COMMITTED TO CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT?
DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR AN ORGANISATION THAT PROMOTES BEST PRACTICE AND VALUES IT’S STAFF?
An innovative, enthusiastic and inspirational Class Teacher is required to work within our ASD class. The students within the class have a combination of ASD, visual and/or other sensory needs. The postholder will have responsibility for a class of students and will be expected to provide a holistic education ensuring that the needs of each individual pupil are met in accordance with the aims of the SEND setting. This will involve ongoing and close liaison with parents/carers, colleagues, therapists and other professionals within the school.
Experience teaching students with ASD would be an advantage.
The Class Teacher will be expected to:
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- Promote good progress and outcomes
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment through Engagement Model, Routes for Learning and use of Earwig
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities as required
What can we offer you as a teacher?
- A school which values you as a professional
- Curriculum pathways designed around the holistic needs of the pupils in each department
- Clear system for short and medium term planning
- Excellent opportunities for CPD
- Staff Health and Wellbeing programme
- A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
- Opportunity to train as a qualified teacher of the visually impaired
Please Note: Candidates are not required to possess a QTVI qualification on appointment. However, Teachers at Linden Lodge School are required to undertake the mandatory qualification in the Teaching of Children with Visual Impairment if they do not already possess this.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively, these can be found from the school website: Linden Lodge School - Staff Vacancies
Fully completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
Closing Date for all applications: 4th December 2022
Shortlisting: 7th December 2022
Interview Date: 8th December 2022
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, an enhanced DBS will be required.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy in advance of the closing date if there is a good level of response. We recommend applicants submit applications as early as possible. We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
CVs are not accepted.
Linden Lodge School
61 Princes Way
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils