Class Teacher - Linden Lodge School
Required: September 2021
Linden Lodge is a specialist school for students with visual impairment based in Wimbledon.
We are looking to appoint an Outstanding Teacher of the Visually Impaired or mainstream Teacher to work within our school. We have one of the most diverse school populations in the UK with expert and highly motivated multi-professional teams. Our facilities and resources are exceptional. Family partnership working is key to our philosophy.
We are looking for talented teachers who are able to meet each student at their point of learning and support their access to a meaningful exciting curriculum that takes into account their Vision Impairment/Multi-Sensory Impairment. It is important that you are passionate about facilitating high-quality personalised learning opportunities and are willing to engage CPD and other learning opportunities.
We currently have opportunities within both our primary and secondary departments.
What can we offer you as a teacher?
- A school which values you as a professional
- Curriculum pathways designed around the holistic needs of the pupils in each department
- Time with the teaching assistants, therapists for planning, reflection, training, and professional discussions
- Clear system for short and medium term planning
- Clear assessment system which directly links to moderation, annual review, and summative assessment systems
- Excellent opportunities for CPD
- Staff Health and Wellbeing programme
- A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
- Opportunity to train as a qualified teacher of the visually impaired
Please Note: Teachers at Linden Lodge School are required to undertake the mandatory qualification in the Teaching of Children with Visual Impairment if they do not already possess this qualification.
We can offer you:
- Personalised induction programme
- A positive and supportive team within the school
- A staff wellbeing programme which includes:
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free local gym membership
- End of term staff awards
Weekly art and Pilates classes
Linden Lodge School is a very special place to work, staff wellbeing and career progression is very important to us. In addition to our Staff wellbeing programme you will be provided with tailored in-house and external training appropriate to your needs and interests.
An Application Form and supported documents can be downloaded below. You can also download an application and details from the school website https://www.lindenlodge.wandsworth.sch.uk/vacancies
Please note; we are unable to accept CVs, fully completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
Closing Date for all applications: 10th May 2021
Shortlisting: 11th May 2021
Interview Date: 19th May 2021
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, an enhanced DBS will be required.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy in advance of the closing date if there is a good level of response. We recommend applicants submit applications as early as possible. We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Linden Lodge School
61, Princes Way,
Tel: 020 8788 0107
Headteacher: Deborah Rix
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils