Class Teacher (Maternity Cover) - Fircroft Primary School
Year 6 Class Teacher required for January 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and innovative qualified teacher with high expectations to join our friendly team. The successful candidate will have experience teaching Year 6 pupils.
This is a temporary maternity cover position but could lead towards a permanent role in the future. As a Fircroft staff member, you will be an important part of this great school where everyone is valued. You'll be supported by a friendly, forward-thinking leadership team and an amazing local community. All our staff enjoy regular and relevant professional development and have opportunities to lead areas of the school. We value a creative curriculum and we want our staff to be dynamic in their thinking and teaching and brave enough to take risks. Our classes are smaller than average and our pupils are very well behaved. We really are like a little village school in London!
- Inner London salary
- An engaged and enthusiastic community of parents, carers and children
- A friendly and forward-thinking senior leadership team dedicated to supporting your continuing professional development
- High quality teachers’ admin support
- An enriched curriculum with specialist teachers (Music, Spanish and PE)
- Generous PPA alongside your parallel teacher
- A minimal marking policy that encourages verbal feedback
- Well behaved pupils
What we are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner who:
- is flexible, dynamic and proactive
- has recent experience of teaching upper Key Stage 2 and ideally Year 6
- has high expectations for all children
- has a desire to raise standards
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
For further information and to apply please go to our website: https://fircroft.family/Current-Vacancies/?skipHAP=y
Please contact the school for any further details on the telephone number below.
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to the school to arrive by 12 p.m.
Closing date: Wednesday 11 November 2020 (at noon)
Interview: week commencing 16th November October 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We do not accept CVs.
Fircroft Primary School
Fircroft Road, Tooting
London SW17 7PP
Tel: 020 8672 6258
Headteacher: Mrs Denise York
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils