Class Teacher - PMLD - Linden Lodge School
Grade/Salary: Teachers Main/Upper Scale (Inner London) + SEN Allowance (depending on mandatory qualification)
Hours: Full-Time – 1FTE
Required: January 2023
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF AN OUTSTANDING AND SUCCESSFUL TEAM?
ARE YOU A CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE PRACTITIONER?
ARE YOU COMMITTED TO CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT?
DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR AN ORGANISATION THAT PROMOTES BEST PRACTICE AND VALUES IT’S STAFF?
An innovative, enthusiastic and inspirational PMLD class teacher is required to work with students with profound and multiple learning difficulties and additional multi-sensory needs. The teacher will have responsibility for a class of students and will be expected to provide a holistic and organic education ensuring that the needs of each individual pupil are met in accordance with the aims of the SEND setting. This will involve ongoing and close liaison with parents/carers, colleagues, therapists and other professionals.
The PMLD Teacher will be expected to:
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- Promote good progress and outcomes
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment through Engagement Model, Routes for Learning and use of Earwig
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities as required
What can we offer you as a teacher?
- A school which values you as a professional
- Curriculum pathways designed around the holistic needs of the pupils in each department
- Clear system for short and medium term planning
- Excellent opportunities for CPD
- Staff Health and Wellbeing programme
- A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
- Opportunity to train as a qualified teacher of the visually impaired
Please Note: Candidates are not required to possess a QTVI qualification on appointment. However, Teachers at Linden Lodge School are required to undertake the mandatory qualification in the Teaching of Children with Visual Impairment if they do not already possess this.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
You can also download an application and details from the school website https://www.lindenlodge.wandsworth.sch.uk/vacancies
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 06 October 2022 (at noon)
Shortlisting: 07 October 2022
Interview Date: 12 October 2022
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy in advance of the closing date if there is a good level of response. We recommend applicants submit applications as early as possible. We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
An enhanced DBS will be required.
Please note, CV’s are not accepted.
Linden Lodge School
61 Princes Way,
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils