Classroom Assistant roles: starting September 2021 - Belleville Primary School
One year fixed term contract, £22,209 pro rata (term time only)
Belleville Primary School is a large, popular, outstanding primary school in Wandsworth borough. We are part of the Quality First Education Trust, a successful London multi academy trust.
We are looking for outstanding, talented people to join our team of education support staff.
- A varied and interesting classroom assistant role, with lots of room to grow;
- An exciting, dynamic school with a strong curriculum, high quality teaching, amazing opportunities for children and a relentless drive for excellence and equality;
- A friendly, supportive staff team;
- Excellent training, with induction before starting in the classroom, followed by fantastic on-the-job learning and professional development once in the role;
- Active support for staff who are thinking of becoming a teacher in future.
- May be thinking about training to be a teacher in future;
- Are committed, reliable, positive, enthusiastic, flexible, helpful and friendly;
- Have good literacy, numeracy, communication and IT skills;
- Have some experience of supporting or working with children;
- Have an interest in education and child development and are willing to learn;
- Ideally have some experience of working in a primary school (not essential);
- Are ideally educated to degree level (not essential).
- To support classroom learning, under the guidance of the teacher/lead person;
- To work with individuals and small groups on specific activities;
- To supervise and provide particular support for identified students;
- To motivate and support pupils to fulfil their potential;
- To prepare learning resources, displays and equipment;
- To assist teachers to develop lesson activities and teaching strategies;
- To help evaluate pupil achievements, progress and needs;
- To support with behaviour management;
- To accompany and support pupils on school visits and journeys;
- To provide personal care and assistance for pupils who require such support.
Location: You must be happy to work on any of the Quality First Education Trust’s three Clapham sites (Webb’s Road SW11 6PR, Meteor Street SW11 5NZ and Wix’s Lane SW4 0AJ) and to work with different children and teachers as required.
Completed applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 14th June 2021 at noon. Interviews will be held in late June. Training days from: 31st August 2021.
As this role will involve contact with children, we will undertake a number of checks regarding your suitability to work with children. We will take up at least two references and ask you to complete a self-disclosure form before interview. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils