Classroom Teacher - Maths and Science Specialist - Linden Lodge School
Required: September 2020
Linden Lodge School is a special school for the students with visual impairments based in Wimbledon. We are an ambitious school striving to achieve outstanding outcomes for our students. We have one of the most diverse school populations in the UK with expert and highly motivated multi-professional teams. Our facilities and resources are exceptional. Family partnership working is key to our philosophy.
We are looking for a talented SEND Teacher or Mainstream Teacher with a Maths/Science background to undertake the Maths and Science teaching within the school. The school has established links with our partner school (Southfields Academy) enabling students to study a wide range of qualifications up to and including GCSE and A-level.
The successful applicant will be able to meet each student at their point of learning and support their access to a meaningful exciting maths and science curriculum that takes into account their Vision Impairment. There will also be a focus on further building links with external partners to ensure our students have access to the best possible opportunities to add value to and enrich their education within these subject areas.
What can we offer you as a teacher?
- A school which values you as a professional
- Curriculum pathways designed around the holistic needs of the pupils in each department
- Time with the teaching assistants, therapists for planning, reflection, training, and professional discussions
- Clear system for short and medium term planning
- Clear assessment system which directly links to moderation, annual review, and summative assessment systems
- Excellent opportunities for CPD
- Staff Health and Wellbeing programme
- A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
- Opportunity to train as a qualified teacher of the visually impaired/multi-sensory impairment.
- Inspirational and enthusiastic about classroom SEN practice
- Aware of and understands the impact a Sensory Impairment will have on student’s engagement
- and access to the curriculum
- Creative and innovative in their teaching
- Passionate about facilitating high-quality personalised learning opportunities for students with SEN.
- Reflective about their own teaching and learning
- Able to demonstrate a positive caring attitude
- Highly organised and able to plan, model and deliver outstanding teaching
- Committed to working in partnership with families and other professionals to achieve the best outcomes for students
- Interested in current research and innovation in SEND practice
School Tour: We encourage all applicants to visit the school before applying. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Jackie Nolan, to arrange a suitable date and time.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the school website http://www.lindenlodge.wandsworth.sch.uk/75/staff-vacancies/cat/7/linden-lodge-school
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for all applications: Friday 5th June (at noon)
Interview Date: TBC
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, an enhanced DBS will be required.
CVs are not accepted.
Please Note: Linden Lodge School reserves the right to close this advertisement before the stated date if the appropriate number of suitable candidates are found.
Linden Lodge School
61 Princes Way
London, SW19 6JB
Tel: 0208 788 0107
Headteacher: Deborah Rix
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils