Cover Supervisor - Bolingbroke Academy
Term Time only – Part Time
(from 10am -3pm Monday – Friday)
Start date: November 2020
Reports to: HR Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for dedicated person to develop their experience within our passionate and ever courageous community.
We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence. We are a value lead organisation, being bold within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and model leadership and determination to the students and pupils within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing the individual and ensuring personal development.
This is delivered through weekly CPD sessions, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to have their voice and develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff.
- Support our existing full time Cover Supervisor to deliver teacher prepared work to pupils from all key stage – KS3-5.
- Ensure the behaviour management policy is always adhered to maintain and orderly and productive classroom.
- Motivate and engage the pupils using positive and constructive feedback.
- Support with duties as required.
- Have experience working with pupils of different ages and abilities in a formal setting without supervision.
- Ability to undertake a range of teaching activities with confidence, working effectively with individual pupils, groups of pupils and whole classes.
- Have experience managing behaviour and motivating children.
- Have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be committed to the values of Inclusion and diversity.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills – GCSE maths and English.
- A degree is desirable but not required.
School ethos and culture:
- Bolingbroke Academy’s has an ethos of high expectations, courage and compassion, we want staff to act as a role model for these practices.
- Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its pupils can achieve.
- We value difference and embrace the individual.
Closing Date: 27 October 2020 (at 11am)
All positions are subject to rigorous and stringent safeguarding and reference checks.
This includes enhanced DBS checks and safer recruiting vetting checks.
Tel: 020 7924 8200
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils