Customer Service Advisor
- Are you passionate about delivering quality customer service to a wide variety of people?
- Do you take pride in ensuring the customer experience is handled with sensitivity and care?
- Are you enthusiastic about learning and developing a specialist area of knowledge?
- Are you organised and pro-active?
If so, this may be the position for you.
The London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the London Borough of Wandsworth present a unique opportunity to be part of a team who are working together to create a ground-breaking shared staffing arrangement (SSA) across both boroughs.
About the opportunity:
Wandsworth Registration Service seeks a Customer Services Advisor to join our high performing team at the Register Office in Wandsworth Town Hall.
As the first point of contact you are essential to the service in making a good first impression and welcoming customers at what can be very emotional times in their lives.
Please note this opportunity is a fixed-term contract until 31st December with the potential to be extended.
Who we are:
We are responsible for the registration of births and deaths, marriage and civil partnership preliminaries, marriage and civil partnership registrations and ceremonies, Citizenship ceremonies and other celebratory services.
It is an expanding service aiming to achieve the highest quality and most cost-effective service in accordance with the Council’s policies and statutory requirements.
You will handle a wide range of queries effectively and efficiently, ensuring customers leave satisfied and well informed. You will approach sensitive issues with tact and discretion and ensure the security of personal data and physical records at all times.
- Manage a full schedule of appointments, and liaise between colleagues, customers, and other internal and external stakeholders. This will require excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Be someone who sees ahead and deals with issues before they become problems.
- Actively monitor customer waiting times and be able to think on your feet if delays arise.
- Be a competent administrator and have a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- You must be professional, well presented, resilient, calm, and in control at all times.
- Prior experience in an equivalent role is an advantage.
- Good IT skills are essential.
- A good level of numeracy is required for cash handling.
Full training and support will be given and continuing professional development will be encouraged.
How to apply?
Please register and submit a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role (knowledge, experience, skills and qualifications). Please note, we are unable to consider incomplete applications with generic supporting statements.
If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0208 871 8825 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
Why choose us?
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include part-time working and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities is also offered.
(COVID-19) - information for job applicants
Given the ongoing situation, we have not set a closing date for this job vacancy. We are unable to currently advise when interviews will be arranged. We feel that this is the correct and responsible decision to make in these exceptional circumstances in view of:
· increased demand on the time of the council staff in response to the pandemic
· the need to support more vigilant public health measures.
We appreciate that applicants will want further information. However, as this is an unprecedented situation, arrangements for undertaking these interviews will require careful consideration.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils