Customer Service Advisor
Join us and you will be part of a team that is forward-thinking, dynamic and ambitious in providing great Customer Service.
You will have experience of working in a customer service environment, excellent communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a flexible and co-operative approach towards changing business needs.
As a key member of the busy Customer Service team, you will have the ability to deal with a wide and diverse range of enquiries to a high standard of customer service covering all areas of the Council’s business.
The Customer Services team, including the corporate contact centres, are the primary contact for resolving inbound enquiries for a wide range of services ranging from council tax & housing benefits to environmental services such as household waste to parking permits. Whether it’s a query about social care or bin collection, you will need to provide positive assistance in a clear, articulate, empathetic manner.
The role of Customer Service Advisor includes:
- Delivering an excellent customer experience by providing advice and, wherever possible, resolution at the first point of contact. This includes all customer access channels including telephone, face to face, letter, email, web and SMS.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all services and systems used in the Customer Service receptions to assist customers and resolve their enquiries.
- To professionally deal with any frustrated, angry and abusive customers, providing a resolution to their enquiry and avoiding potential complaints.
- To maintain accurate records and information relating to the provision of customer services
- To actively encourage customers to use the most efficient method to gain access to and information about council services.
- To ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with on an equitable basis to deliver the standards required for each, as agreed annually by the Executives
- Monday-Friday 8:50-5:00 36 hours per week
- Part-time applicants welcomed (minimum 20 hours per week).
- Part-time hours are negotiable but must meet the business needs.
- The working day can be a full day or part day (minimum of 4 hours per day).
- Monday working for part-time staff is always required.
Successful applicants will start at £21,249 (pro-rata for Part-Time)
- Salary may be negotiable within the pay scale if the successful applicant has extensive local authority experience or service-specific knowledge or experience.
- Experience with handling Council tax, Parking and Housing Benefit enquiries would be beneficial if possible.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services.
We are a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils