Customer Service and Administration Apprentice
Our Apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and a nationally recognised qualification. You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given protected time to complete your course work. When you’ve finished, we’ll help you in your next steps.
Apprenticeship Job Role: SSA Work Match
As Trainee Administrator you will assist with managing resident referrals to the service including registering and managing personal information, you will support with recruitment initiatives to ensure that residents are best placed to secure jobs created through the investment, regeneration and growth in the borough. You will support social media campaigns for Wandsworth WorkMatch as well as supporting the teams with day to day administrative duties and dealing with customer queries.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data input, data extraction, photocopying, scanning, filing and typing duties as directed assisting with the monitoring and ordering and of stock supplies (specific to role as appropriate).
- To deal with internal and external post and emails on a day to day basis
- To produce and update spread sheets and templates to support administration monitoring, and quality processes.
- To register candidates interested in using the service as well as updating their information on internal CRM system.
- To respond to queries, both face to face, telephone, and online, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To contact residents by phone, email or video conferencing in relation to appointments with WorkMatch colleagues.
- To be the first point of contact and support the reception area at all times, meeting and greeting visitors whilst delivering a high standard of customer service
- To manage training and meeting room bookings ensuring that all enquiries are accurately dealt with, refreshments planned and room setup appropriately
- To liaise with employers and businesses, developers, residents, Jobcentre Plus, Colleges and training providers, on behalf of WorkMatch colleagues
- To maintain filing systems in line with data protection, organisations policies and procedures. Maintaining strict confidentiality at all times
- To schedule, attend and take part in team meetings.
- Throughout the training period the post holder will be expected to complete all education and training as required, signing a learning contract with the training provider and adhere to the agreement
- To support colleagues in the use of office equipment and to report any defects in equipment as appropriate
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the Boroughs of Wandsworth and Richmond services.
- To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct, and policies concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and work to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected.
- To understand the both Council’s duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children, young people and adults as they apply to your role within the council.
- The Shared Staffing Arrangement will keep its structures under continual review and as a result the post holder should expect to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of the post.
You will have:
- Basic keyboard skills, use of Microsoft Office, email & Outlook Calendar and the internet
- Good communication skills, including the ability to take and give simple messages, to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a range of people and to take down telephone messages clearly and accurately
- Good interpersonal skills and proven experience of dealing effectively, politely and diplomatically with people, both face-to-face and on the telephone.
- Able to understand & respect the importance of confidentiality, both within & outside the workplace
- Ability to work flexibly and co-operatively with colleagues in a team, asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual & the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team
- An understanding of the importance of equality and diversity and health and safety in the workplace
You will also be required to support with and attend jobs fairs and local events and from time to time, may be required to work outside of regular office hours including weekends and evenings to attend meetings and community events.
The successful candidate will be surrounded by experienced staff who will provide close support.
You will be working towards a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard. If you do not hold GCSE A-C/9-4 in maths and English then you will be required to undertake the Functional Skills Level 1.
For more detail please see the attached Job Specification and Person Specification.
- Must be 16 or over
- Must have lived or worked in the UK/EU for the last 3 years
- Must not be enrolled in full-time education or enrolled on any other funded courses.
Interested in finding out more or looking to apply, please email your CV to Jackie Brown:
To find out more about Work Match, visit: www.wandsworthworkmatch.org
Please do not apply through the website - we are only accepting CV's via email.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils