DT Technician - Ernest Bevin College
36 hours per week
Term Time Only (39 weeks)
Ernest Bevin College was designated ‘good’ by Ofsted in July 2022
Ernest Bevin College, whose students are aged between 11-19, is a vibrant and a truly inclusive all boys college with a mixed sixth form. Based in Tooting, South West London, our college takes pride in having an exceptional level of pastoral care where all staff are dedicated to giving each and every student both a quality learning experience and the life skills that opens doors to any career path they wish to tread in the future.
Our students, governors and staff are now seeking a skilled DT Technician to join our well-equipped Design and Technology department. The successful candidate will be supported by an experienced and well versed team.
This role will include:
- To complete termly Health & Safety checks and report any issues to the appropriate persons, following these items up until corrected.
- To promote the development of safe and best practice within the department, reporting on any change in practice.
- To trial all processes prior to use in the classroom to ensure they work and to identify any health and safety issues.
Ernest Bevin College will offer you:
- A thriving, innovative learning community, committed to excellence.
- A supportive, welcoming community of professionals.
- A range of professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work in a diverse, vibrant and social community.
- Access to our onsite facilities including a 25m swimming pool and fitness studio which can be used outside of the college day.
Should you feel you have the attributes we are looking for, we would very much look forward to hearing from you.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the college website: https://ernestbevin.london
Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 06 October 2022 (at noon)
Interviews: We reserve the right to interview before the closing date, so candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of the shortlisting process, Ernest Bevin College will consider carrying out an online search (including social media) as part of our due diligence for shortlisted candidates.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Ernest Bevin College
Tel: 020 8672 8582
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils