Deputy Headteacher - Eastwood Nursery School & Day Nursery
Required from September 2020 to August 2021 (12-month secondment)
Eastwood is an outstanding and inspirational nursery school in the heart of the Roehampton community. The setting includes a Day Nursery (0-5) and ASD Base. It is highly regarded for its expertise with children who have additional needs and is committed to the principles of early years education which are firmly embedded in the practice of our happy and hard-working team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Deputy Headteacher who is:
- A strong leader with energy and excellent interpersonal skills
- An aspirational, outstanding teacher
- Positive, enthusiastic and creative
- Good at motivating, supporting and encouraging children and staff to help them realise their full potential
- Committed to embracing the inclusive ethos and practice in our established nursery school
- Committed to working in partnership with parents and to multi-agency working.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Support the Executive Headteacher to deliver the highest possible educational standards in the setting, and create an atmosphere and structure in which children feel valued and staff have high expectations of them.
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher in accordance with the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document.
- Deputise for the Executive Headteacher when not on site, with responsibility for both the nursery school and day nursery as required.
- Undertake the day to day operational management of the school.
Visits to the setting are essential. Please ring to arrange an appointment with the Executive Headteacher
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email to email@example.com or by post.
Closing date: 08 June 2020 (at noon)
Interviews – week beginning 15 June 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
Eastwood Nursery School & Day Nursery
168 Roehampton Lane
LONDON SW15 4HR
Tel: 020 8876 3976
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils