Deputy Headteacher - Southmead Primary School
Required for December 2019
Southmead Primary School is a thriving and vibrant place of learning, where we value and harness everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our work. This post is an opportunity for an exceptional practitioner and leader who wishes to further their career. You will play a pivotal role in helping to continue to raise standards. You will be joining an ambitious, dedicated and happy team.
The Deputy Headteacher will be a key member of the school Leadership Team and play a crucial role in helping the school to continue on their journey, improving and developing. Working in partnership with the Headteacher, wider SLT and the Governing Body, you will be responsible for:
• Strategic direction and development of the school
• Teaching and Learning
• Leading and managing staff
• Leading on Assessment across the school and analysing/reporting to Senior Manager/Governing Body
• CLA link with LA
• EYFS strategy
If you have a true passion for teaching and learning and want to help all our children make the best possible progress from their starting points; if you have children at the heart of your teaching practice then we are the school for you. We are a culturally diverse school and welcome applications from all. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people.
We can offer you:
• Happy children who love learning and are proud of their school
• A welcoming, caring and dedicated staff who are committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
• Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
• A strong, ambitious and supportive leadership team
• A nurturing, inclusive culture and ethos that recognises the efforts of all members of the school community
Please make an appointment to come and visit our school and see for yourself.
For an application pack or to arrange a visit to the school please contact, Jan Dixon, Office Manager, on 0208 788 8901 or via email Jan.email@example.com
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email - Jan.firstname.lastname@example.org, post or fax.
Closing date: 25 November 2019 (at Noon)
Interviews: 29 November 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
Southmead Primary School
Tel: 0208 788 8901
Fax: 0208 788 8782
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils