EYFS Class Teacher /Special Educational Needs Coordinator - Somerset Nursery School
Maternity Leave Cover for 1 year
Required from September 2023
Somerset is an outstanding and inspirational maintained Nursery School in the heart of the Battersea community and part of the Wandsworth Federation of Maintained Nursery Schools. The Governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspiring Class Teacher and Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
You will need to be:
- an outstanding qualified teacher (QTS) with a commitment to high quality early year’s practice
- an excellent understanding of how young children learn
- passionate about excellence
- positive, enthusiastic and creative
- experienced in working with children with SEND and supporting their families
- experienced in working with a range of professionals to plan and review SEND provision for children
- a successful leader, able to communicate well with everyone inside and outside the school
- flexible and energetic
We can offer you:
- experienced, friendly and supportive staff
- an ethos where each child is valued as an individual
- an open-plan well-resourced learning environment with an extensive outdoor area
- a learning community where parents are valued as partners
- strong leadership with a clear strategic direction
- excellent professional development opportunities to ensure your individual needs are met
You will be joining a committed and dynamic staff team and an experienced and knowledgeable governing body, all dedicated to providing an exciting, stimulating and safe environment for the children.
Visits to the School are very much encouraged. Please ring to arrange an appointment.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or post.
Please address the person specification when completing the application form.
Closing date: 20 February 2023 (at noon)
Interview date: date TBC
Pre interview references will be sought
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check and social media checks.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Wandsworth Federation of Maintained Nursery Schools (WFMNS)
Somerset Nursery School
157-159 Battersea Church Road
London SW11 3ND
Tel: 020 7223 5455
Fax: 020 7228 4989
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils