Early Years Bilingual Teaching Assistant (English/French) - Shaftesbury Park Primary School
25 hours per week, term-time only
To start September 2022
Shaftesbury Park Primary School is an award-winning, Rights Respecting State School in Battersea and the first school in the UK to be awarded the prestigious LabelfrancEducation quality seal, granted to schools outside France with 'French Bilingual Sections of extremely high quality’. We are looking for an Early Years bilingual teaching assistant (English/French) who will play a key role in supporting the class teacher in ensuring that all children to have high expectations of themselves and achieve well. They will also be committed to putting the child’s well being first and be interested in supporting vulnerable pupils.
- Be fluent in French and English.
- Enjoy working with children and be able to develop positive relationships with them.
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child being supported
- Have experience of supporting groups of children across the ability range
- Have relevant training in supporting children with special educational needs in the classroom setting
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
- A supportive team of staff.
- A thorough induction process.
- Access to excellent professional development.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below
Alternatively, please contact our SBM Mrs Christine Imms by phone on 020 7228 3652 or by email email@example.com .
Completed application should be returned to the school by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
Closing date: 12 July 2022 (at noon)
Shortlisting: 13 July 2022
Interviews: 15 July 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Shaftesbury Park Primary School
Headteacher: Mrs Bunmi Richards
Ashbury Road, London
Tel: 020 7228 3652 Fax: 020 7223 0584
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils