Early Years Lead Practitioner (Special Needs) - West Hill Enhanced Children’s Centre
36 hours per week (Monday - Friday 8.30am-4.30pm/term time only plus 5 weeks)
Our team offers emotional and practical support to Wandsworth families with young children with disabilities, special needs or complex medical needs. Your role will be to lead on the delivery of high quality, tailored play and learning activities that promote children’s development, supports parents understanding of their child’s needs and enables their confidence and parenting skills.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible individual with a ‘can do’ attitude who has a genuine passion and commitment to achieving the best outcomes for young children with additional support needs.
We can offer you the opportunity to work with an experienced, adaptable and committed team in a well-resourced centre environment.
You will have:
• Experience of working with children with disabilities, special needs, or complex medical needs in an early year’s environment
• Excellent knowledge of child development in the early years
• Experience of leading and motivating others
• Exceptional communication skills and the confidence to work in partnership with parents and professionals to support children’s progress
• The ability to adapt and work independently, calmly and flexibly under pressure
This is a unique role therefore applicants are advised to visit the centre or contact Pippa Bruce, Centre Manager to find out more before applying.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. (Please do not use the apply button below).
Completed applications should be returned to the centre either by email email@example.com or by post.
Closing date: 30 May 2019
Interview date: week commencing 10 June 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
West Hill Enhanced Children’s Centre
5 Merton Road
Tel no: 020 8877 0758
Co-Headteachers: Anna Healy and Lisa Carmen
Centre Manager: Pippa Bruce
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils