Early Years Teaching Assistant - Shaftesbury Park Primary School
27.5 hours per week
To start as soon as possible
Shaftesbury Park Primary School is an award-winning, Rights Respecting State School in Battersea. We are looking for an early years teaching assistant with experience of working with two-year olds to play a key role in supporting the class teacher in ensuring that all children to have high expectations of themselves and achieve well. They will be committed to putting the child’s wellbeing first and be interested in supporting vulnerable pupils.
- Enjoy working with children and be able to develop positive relationships with them.
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child being supported
- Have experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age
- Have experience of supporting groups of children across the ability range
- Have relevant training in supporting children with special educational needs in the classroom setting
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
- A supportive team of staff.
- A thorough induction process.
- Access to excellent professional development.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below
Alternatively, please contact our SBM Mrs Christine Imms by phone on 020 7228 3652 or email email@example.com.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email - firstname.lastname@example.org post or fax.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
Closing date: 25 January 2023 (at noon)
Interviews: From 30th January 2023 onwards
Shaftesbury Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, online searches, references, and where applicable, prohibition from teaching/ management checks.
As this role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020, shortlisted candidates will also be required to disclose relevant criminal history.
Shaftesbury Park Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for all.
CVs are not accepted.
Shaftesbury Park Primary School
Headteacher: Mrs Bunmi Richards
Ashbury Road, London
Tel: 020 7228 3652 Fax: 020 7223 0584
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils