English Lead and Upper Key Stage 2 English Teacher - St. George’s CE Primary School
Are you ready for the next step in your career?
Come and join our dedicated, happy team.
DO YOU LOVE TEACHING all aspects of English?
Are you ready to LEAD a committed and passionate team?
This is the perfect job for you.
We are looking for a passionate teacher to join our team who wants to specialise in leading English and teaching upper Key Stage 2 English. We teach writing using the Talk for Writing model and reading using a whole class reading approach. We are passionate about explicit vocabulary and grammar teaching too and we use Sounds-Write to teach phonics and spelling.
We are a training school for Talk for Writing and work closely with Pie Corbett.
Start date: September 2021
Our offer to YOU
- Great opportunities to work with Pie Corbett, the South West London Maths Hub and as a National Training School sharing and influencing practice across the UK.
- Excellent training and CPD to develop your skills and your career. You will be trained in Sounds-Write, a quality first phonics programme.
- Brilliant colleagues who are dedicated and supportive.
- Wonderful children who appreciate everything we do.
- Inspiring leaders and governors who provide constant support.
- Superb resources in our single storey school with lovely gardens.
- Fantastic transport links (tube/bus/overground), a staff car park and bike sheds.
St. George’s CE Primary is a fantastic place to work. We recruit teachers who want to be exceptional and develop them to be the best that they can be. We need teachers with real enthusiasm who will inspire and motivate our learners to make excellent progress.
We were inspected in January 2019 and judged to be good overall.
Teachers with experience in a previous school are especially encouraged to apply. You need to have a passion for literature and strong subject knowledge as well as experience in leading a team. Knowledge of and/or experience of teaching using Talk for Writing is desirable for this post. This post holder is a member of the school leadership team.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Call Zebida Gardner-Sharper in the office to book an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online using the application form.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or post.
Closing date: 05 March 2021
Shortlisting: 08 March 2021
Interviews: week commencing 15 and 22 March 2021
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children, so all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and detailed references.
CVs are not accepted.
Headteacher: Sarah Collymore
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils