FM Compliance Manager
We are looking for an experienced, and professional FM Building Services Compliance Manager, with a proven track record of delivery in a complex multi-site environment able to complete a across a diverse, non- housing, estate. You will have a meticulous eye for detail, with the gravitas to identify and implement continuous improvements in FM service delivery whilst maintaining high percentage compliance standards. You will have good working knowledge of health and safety and building services management experience.
As a key member of our high-profile customer facing team you will have excellent customer service skills with the ability and desire to deliver first rate service for this very busy SSA Facilities Management Team.
This is a dynamic service that brings a fresh approach to Facilities Management with the team operating across both Richmond and Wandsworth Councils bringing a unique employment opportunity.
We are looking to appoint a FM Compliance Manager responsible for;
- Responsible for ensuring that statutory and mandatory compliance percentages are maintained above 80% at all times across an eclectic estate comprising > 190 properties.
- Responsible for managing the level of statutory compliance and continuous improvement of the level > 80%.
- Responsible for identifying and escalating/resolving any gaps/slippage in the annual PPM Plan and statutory compliance.
- Complete regular site inspections and audits to validate compliance and quality of works.
- Review internal and external (contractor) Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) including RAMS, site rules, and Permit to Work.
- Positively intervene and stop any unsafe or poor-quality works identified in the course of regular site inspections.
- Using the Concerto CAFM system work with FM Building Services management to ensure that the annual PPM Plan is agreed, complete and in place by Feb for each PPM year Apr-Mar.
- Work with and coordinate the FM Compliance Administrator and FM Performance CAFM Team to ensure that all asset data held in Concerto is accurate and that the PPM regime for each asset is CIBSE Guide M compliant and aligned to SFG20 best practice.
- Manage the FM Statutory Compliance Administrator to coordinate and document minimum quarterly performance review meetings with key contractors to ensure that they are meeting their PPM Plan responsibilities and following the correct process for the identification and quote submission of PPM remedial works.
- Responsible for identifying, implementing and reporting any contractor or PPM process improvement actions arising from contractor performance review meetings.
- Work with the CAFM Team and FM Building Services Manager to develop and provide SMART management information reporting to include trend analysis reporting on PPM expenditure, PPM Remedial Works job volumes, expenditure by contractor, PPM service, site, asset.
- Responsible for establishing and attending regular statutory compliance meetings with FM customers including but not limited to schools, GLL libraries, Enable, Places for People. Identify and escalate any non-compliance issues/risks to FM Building Services Manager and HO FM.
- Work closely with the CAFM Team to ensure that all key contractors, customers and stakeholders have secure access to the Concerto CAFM system and are trained and competent in their understanding and use of Concerto.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships with key contractor management to ensure a collaborative, transparent and high-performing relationship. Identify and escalate any under-performance to key contractor management for quick resolution.
- Escalate any PPM contractor under-performance issues to the FM Building Services Manager and Head of Facilities Management together with proposals to address and remedy such issue.
- Work with Assistant FM Building Services manager and FM Helpdesk to ensure that key PPM contractors are also delivering high levels of Reactive Maintenance in line with FM Help Desk priority expectations.
- Work closely with VAMS and the CAFM team to ensure that annual PPM Plan accurately reflects the correct sites and assets under the responsibility of FM.
- Provide technical advice and support to the Facilities Management team on all statutory compliance matters and latest legislation including CIBSE and SFG20.
- Attend senior management meetings including but not limited to Health, Safety and Compliance Working Group and provide management information reporting relevant to PPM, statutory compliance status and risk.
- Support the HO FM and Building Services Manager in the procurement of PPM contractors and input into ITT documentation including works specifications, pricing and performance KPIs.
- Support the HO FM and Building Services Manager to manage revenue budget by identifying opportunities for cost efficiencies which can be achieved without compromising statutory compliance.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement. To develop positive collaborative relationships which foster cross-pollination of ideas, sharing best practice and which engender a “right first time” ethos within the FM Service Delivery Team.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include excellent working conditions. These include, flexible hours, and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities is also offered.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline:
Closing Date: Friday 25th October
Shortlisting Date: Monday 28th October
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils