Family Support Officer - Linden Lodge School
Hours: 32.5 hours per week – 39 weeks per week
Working Pattern: Term Time Only (39 weeks)
Required: September 2020
Wandsworth Sensory Support Service is a leading provider of education and support for children and young people with sensory impairment and their families. We are constantly developing our provision to meet the needs of the children and families we serve and an opportunity to join our highly motivated and skilled team as a Family Support Officer has become available.
This dynamic role is ideal for a person who has a desire to work alongside the team in supporting the development and delivery of programmes for children with a sensory loss and their families within the sensory service, in our Isobel Family Centre and our online offer. The postholder will be contribute to the development of an environment which promotes health, well-being and learning for children and family members. The person will work alongside teachers, therapists and service staff to support children and young people with a sensory loss and their families.
Out ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge and experience of working with children/young people with hearing loss and their families.
- Have a passion for supporting our children, young people and their families, through various activities, supports and services.
- Have knowledge of the impact of a sensory loss on social, emotional wellbeing, daily living and access to learning.
- Enjoy working as part of a team as well as being able to work independently on tasks.
- Enjoy diverse activities and work tasks ranging from gathering/creating resources to engaging directly with children & young people both in person and as part of the virtual offer to maintaining records of activities and events.
We can offer you:
- Personalised induction programme
- A positive and supportive team within Wandsworth Sensory Support Service
- A staff wellbeing programme which includes:
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free local gym membership
- End of term staff awards
- Weekly art and Pilates classes
Linden Lodge School is a very special place to work and staff wellbeing and career progression is very important to us. In addition to our Staff wellbeing programme you will be provided with tailored in-house and external training appropriate to your needs and interests.
School Tour: Due to Covid 19 visits to the school are by arrangement with the service. We would encourage applicants to visit the school before applying. Please contact Kate Dixon, to discuss this on 07718763399 or contact by email: email@example.com
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the school website http://www.lindenlodge.wandsworth.sch.uk/75/staff-vacancies/cat/7/linden-lodge-school
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for all applications: 20th August 2020
Shortlisting: Week commencing 24th August 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, an enhanced DBS will be required.
CVs are not accepted.
Linden Lodge School
61, Princes Way,
Tel: 020 8788 0107
Headteacher: Deborah Rix
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils