Front Of House Manager
- Do you enjoy delivering excellent customer service in thriving cultural venue?
- Do you like working as part of small team to complete a varied list of day-to-day operational duties?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
Who we are:
The Front of House Team) for Orleans House Gallery and Richmond Arts Service provide a crucial role in ensuring visitors have an enjoyable and safe visit to a beautiful cultural space situated just off the banks of the Thames in Twickenham.
About the role:
We are looking for a customer service professional to lead Richmond Art Service’s Front of House Team. Based in Orleans House Gallery on Twickenham Riverside, you will manage a team of Front of House Officers to:
- Safely open this beautiful contemporary art gallery to the public
- Promote best practice in the delivery of customer service
- Work with volunteers to effectively manage a team of Front of House volunteers
- Advocate for our audience across a number of projects and working groups
- Understand the importance of digital media in audience engagement, use it and mentor others in its use to increase engagement with the Richmond Arts Service
- You will have experience of working in a cultural venue
- Will be able to effectively lead a team of staff and volunteers
- Enjoy delivering exceptional customer service
- Have a passion for the Arts
Why choose us?
We offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: 19th June 2022
Shortlisting Date: W/C 20th June 2022
How to apply?
Please register, submit your CV and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our teams,
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils