Head of Sixth Form/Assistant Headteacher - Linden Lodge School
Required from April 2020
Linden Lodge School is a special school for the students with visual impairments based in Wimbledon. We are an ambitious school striving to achieve outstanding outcomes for our students.
We are looking to appoint an Outstanding leader to lead our Sixth Form. We have one of the most diverse school populations in the UK with expert and highly motivated multi-professional teams. Our facilities and resources are exceptional. Family partnership working is key to our philosophy.
The Sixth Form at Linden Lodge plays a vital role in preparing the students both academically and socially for adult life. The postholder will have overall responsibility for the delivery of a broad sixth form curriculum and that meets the need of the diverse cohort of students that we have. The Head of Sixth form will also oversee the delivery of a range of accredited qualifications such as BTEC’s, GCSE’s and ASDAN personal progress entry level.
We are looking for an experienced Leader who:
• Inspirational and enthusiastic about classroom SEN practice
• Aware of and understands the impact a Sensory Impairment will have on student’s engagement and access to the curriculum
• Creative and innovative in their teaching
• Reflective about their own teaching and learning
• Able to demonstrate a positive caring attitude
• Highly organised and able to plan, model and deliver outstanding teaching
• Committed to working in partnership with families and other professionals to achieve the best outcomes for students
• Interested in current research and innovation in SEND practice
• Can lead and manage a department through change when required
We can offer you:
• An enthusiastic dynamic and talented management and staff team
• A highly specialist teaching and learning environment
• Excellent opportunities for CPD
• Staff Health and Wellbeing programme
• A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
School Tour: We would strongly recommend applicants visit the school before applying. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Jackie Nolan, to arrange a suitable date and time.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Alternatively you can apply via our school’s website - http://www.lindenlodge.wandsworth.sch.uk/75/staff-vacancies/cat/7/linden-lodge-school
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for all applications: 23 February 2020 (at noon)
Interview Date: week commencing 24 February 2020
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
An enhanced DBS check will be required
Please Note we do not accept CVs
Linden Lodge School
61 Princes Way
London, SW19 6JB
Tel: 0208 788 0107
Principal: Deborah Rix
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils