Headteacher - Albemarle Primary School
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract term: Full Time (Part Time may be considered e.g. 4 days)
Start Date: January 2023
The pupils, staff and governors of Albemarle Primary School are seeking a new Head Teacher who will build on the success of our friendly school.
Albemarle is an outstanding two form entry school which serves a diverse community in South West London. We provide a relevant, creative and inclusive curriculum which raises achievement, encourages all children to have a ‘Love of Learning’ and inspires them to succeed in all they do.
We are looking for an ambitious, innovative leader who has a track record in raising attainment who can build on our current success and lead, motivate and develop both pupils and staff while maintaining the ethos and culture of the school. This is an opportunity for an existing Head Teacher or highly experienced Deputy or Assistant Head Teacher.
We are looking for a new Headteacher who:
- will shape our future vision and ethos
- has the leadership qualities to inspire and innovate using data driven strategies
- is compassionate, open and transparent in their approach
- has high expectations of all pupils and staff
- can build positive relationships with the pupil, staff, parents, the governing body and wider community
- is collaborative and can work positively with and develop a motivated leadership team.
- is enthusiastic, committed and empathetic, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Is resilient, resourceful and determined
- has a good understanding of budgets and finance.
We can offer:
- An opportunity to lead a school with effective structures and ethos
- A positive, welcoming and diverse community
- Pupils who enjoy learning and want to come to school every day
- A dedicated staff who are enthusiastic and who want the best for the pupils
- A supportive Governing Body and Local Partnership Schools
- A well-resourced school
- A salary package commensurate with the size of the school
- A CPD package tailored to suit your stage of career development
School visits are strongly encouraged, and appointments are available by contacting the Admin Team on 020 8788 3170 (after 1st Sept) or email, email@example.com. Please use the same contact details if you have any queries.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below
Alternatively, please contact Angela Esson Senior HR Officer, on 020 8871 8272 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application pack or with enquiries regarding the application process.
Completed application should be returned to the school by email: email@example.com.
Please call 020 8871 8270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
and confirm the receipt of your application
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th September 2022 (Midnight)
Interview Date: Wednesday 28th September 2022
Albemarle Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
Albemarle Primary School
London, SW19 6JP
Telephone: 0208 788 3170
Age Range 4-11 years
‘To be a star, you must shine your own light,
follow your own path and don't worry about the darkness,
for that is when stars shine brightest.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils