Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) - Penwortham Primary School
36 hours per week (Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm)
Term Time Only (39 weeks)
Start date: ASAP
If you’d like to work in a dynamic and caring school where your well-being and continuing professional development is of great importance, then Penwortham could be the school for you.
We are looking for an excellent, enthusiastic and dedicated HLTA to join our great school and work alongside our wonderful team of teachers and pupils. We are looking for someone who will provide cover to support class teachers while they provide Catch Up support for pupils.
Our children and school community are looking forward to appointing an experienced HLTA who will have:
- BA Honours Degree and proven experience as a HLTA or holds the HLTA qualification with a proven track record of planning and delivering lessons
- the skills, patience and confidence to help key groups of children overcome their barriers to learning
- the ability to support children in whole school activities
- excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- personal and professional qualities to be a positive role model and work enthusiastically and effectively as part of a team
- Strong behaviour management
- excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- a sound understanding of the importance of lesson planning, target setting and learning objectives which contribute towards the progression in learning for all our pupils.
- the ability to demonstrate a commitment to the wellbeing and safeguarding of children.
- Firm, but fair attitude with a good sense of humour and fun
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please call Clair Varrow our Senior Admin Officer on the number below to book a visit.
For further information or if you have any queries, kindly contact Luisa or Clarissa on 020 8769 3949.
For further information and to apply please download an application and details below.
Completed application forms should be return to the school ideally by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org ; or by post to: Penwortham Primary School, Penwortham Road, Streatham, London SW16 6RJ.
Closing Date: 27 January 2023 (at noon)
Interviews: TBC – early applications are welcomed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
CV’s will not be accepted
Penwortham Primary School
London SW16 6RJ
Tel: 020 8769 3949
Fax: 020 8677 5354
Headteacher: Sandie Andrews
Roll: (685) – Group 4
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils