Higher Level Teaching Assistant (Level 3/HLTA) - Oasis Academy Putney, Southwest London
Salary Range: £26,544 - £28,509 (Inner London) per annum pro rata (SCP 12-16)
Actual Salary: £18,831 - £20,225 per annum (Inner London)*
Hours: 35 per week 8:30-16:00, term time only (39 weeks per year)
*Pro rata salary may vary depending on length of continuous service
Help transform the lives of our students!
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Level 3 Teaching Assistant who is passionate about enabling the development and learning of our deserving students.
About the Academy
Boasting a beautiful new purpose-built building with state-of-the-art facilities we plan to offer our young people a diverse and enriching curriculum. With this in mind, we hope to recruit a Higher Level Teaching Assistant with the passion and drive to fully immerse themselves in our lessons and child development.
At Oasis Academy Putney we aim to:
- Create a happy, stimulating, caring learning environment where risk taking and challenge is encouraged
- Awaken and nurture a love of learning that will last a lifetime and provide everyone with the skills to pursue that learning independently and collaboratively
- Enable everyone to reach the highest standard of which they are capable, academically and in other fields such as sport, arts and culture
- Encourage all learners to develop their own interests, passions, enthusiasms, creativity and individuality
- Help learners to understand and care about the world in which they live, and to believe in their ability and responsibility to change that world to make it better
- Empower learners to develop a strong sense of right and wrong, good and bad, equality and justice. Give them the inner strength to act according to these values
- Provide learners with the skills and understanding to live a healthy, successful life, physically, emotionally and spiritually
- Foster respect, tolerance and love for others, regardless of race, gender, religion or difference, within a framework of equality of opportunity and fairness
- Help learners to appreciate human achievements and aspirations and to believe in their own potential to attain great things
- Promote a feeling of pride and confidence in learners’ identities; as individuals, as members of our academy, as part of the local community and as citizens of the world
You will work under the guidance of designated teachers and senior staff, undertaking whole class cover and support programmes that enable access to learning for our pupils.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have at least NVQ Level 3 and GCSE level C or above in English and mathematics.
- Lead whole classes or small groups of pupils
- Establish relationships with other professionals or agencies to support work of pupils
- Attending staff meetings and contributing to the development of the school
- Assisting teachers in offering guidance to support staff
- Preparing and developing resources for learning activities
- Reporting on the progress made by pupils
Why work for us?
These new posts offer an exciting opportunity to be part of a nationally recognised organisation. As a constantly growing Academy sponsor Oasis Community learning has expanded rapidly in size, and is recognised for its ethos: Inclusion, Equality, Healthy Relationships, Hope and Perseverance. We aim to transform the lives of our students and their communities, allowing our staff to truly make a difference.
Please download our application pack below and return your completed application and Equal Opportunities form to email@example.com, no later than 11am on Friday 20th August.
Closing Date: 20 August 2021 (11am)
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.
Oasis Academy Putney, Southwest London
184 Lower Richmond Road
London SW15 1LY
Tel: 020 7884 6000
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils