KS1 Teaching Assistant - Floreat Wandsworth Primary School
This role is term time only (39 weeks)
37.5 Hours per week (8am-4pm), term time only plus attendance to staff training days.
Start Date: as soon as possible
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Teaching Assistant at Floreat Wandsworth Primary School, which opened in September 2015. We are located at 305 Garratt Lane, Earlsfield, SW18 4EQ. Floreat Education’s mission is to enable all pupils to flourish by exposing them to a knowledge-rich academic education and developing their character strengths and virtues.
We are looking for a KS1 Teaching Assistant to join us on our unique journey.
As a Floreat Teaching Assistant you will teach, role model and strive to exemplify virtues such as curiosity, honesty, perseverance, and how we can serve others. In return we commit to giving you the time, inspiration and support to flourish. If you are excited by the possibility of taking on a key role in our team, then we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at http://www.floreatwandsworth.org.uk/.
We can offer you:
• The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
• An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Excellent CPD opportunities
The ideal candidate will:
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
• Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
• Have experience of working with children
To apply for this job, please click on this link: https://glfschools.schoolrecruiter.co.uk/o/key-stage-1-teaching-assistant/c/new?source=richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk
Closing date for applications - Wednesday 18th December
Interview date – TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils