KS1/KS2 Teachers - The Federation of Sacred Heart & St Mary’s Catholic Primary Schools, Battersea
Please Note: The application deadline for this job has now passed.
This is a full-time permanent contract
Required to start from September 2023
(ECTs subject to successful completion of ECF)
We are a successful Federation comprising of Sacred Heart RC Primary School in Battersea and St Mary’s RC Primary school, also in Battersea. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic teachers to join our friendly schools and work as part of our team. A practicing Catholic would be preferred, but applications from candidates who are supportive of our strong Catholic ethos are very welcome too.
St Mary’s is a thriving one form entry primary school in a new bespoke building close to Battersea Park and Queenstown Road train stations.
Sacred Heart is an established successful two form entry primary school with an attached ASD base close to Clapham Junction train station.
We are a forward-thinking aspirational federation and we are proud of the education and care that we provide for all of our children and families.
You will need to be:
• an excellent classroom teacher with a proven record of raising achievement
• resourceful, innovative and able to embrace change
• have the knowledge and expertise to enthuse your colleagues
• a teacher who is committed to personal and professional development
• fully committed to working collaboratively across the federation
• fully committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all pupils
In return we can offer:
• excellent opportunities for professional development. As a school we have a strong track record in developing middle leaders.
• a well-resourced curriculum
• a friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated staff team, hardworking children and supportive parents.
• specialist teachers in Computing, Music and PE
• astro Turf Sports Pitch
• for ECT applicants, a commitment to professional development through training and mentoring, a bespoke ECT programme and dedicated ECT & PPA release time
Visits are warmly welcomed. We look forward to hearing from you and would encourage you to contact Mrs Mitchell at St Mary’s via the school office and Mrs Byrne at Sacred Heart via the school office.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
Closing date: 05 June 2023 (noon)
Shortlisting 05 June 2023
Interviews: Week beginning 12 June 2023
The Federation of Sacred Heart and St Mary’s RC Primary Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
CVs are not accepted.
The Federation of Sacred Heart & St Mary’s Catholic Primary Schools, Battersea
Sacred Heart RC Primary School
London, SW211 2TD
Tel no: 020 7223 5611
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Brading Associate Headteacher: Mrs N Byrne
St Mary’s RC Primary School
7 St Joseph’s Street
London, SW8 4EN
Tel no: 020 7622 5460
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Brading Associate Headteacher: Mrs C Mitchell
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils