Learning Support Assistant – Bolingbroke Academy
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated Learning Support Assistant to join our exceptional SEND department.
We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence. We are a value led organisation, being bold within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and model leadership and determination to the students and pupils within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing the individual and ensuring personal development. This is delivered through weekly CPD sessions, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to have their voice and develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant (LSA) with a commitment to helping every child succeed.
The role of Learning Support Assistant is one designed to support the specific needs of individual pupils and work with them to ensure their educational and emotional needs are met whilst at school. Establishing professional relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues based on our core values of being courageous, compassionate to ensure excellence is paramount.
Reports to: Head of SEND
Start date: October 2021
Salary: Ark Support Staff Band 1 – 2 (£21,815 - £22,607 per annum pro rata. Actual amount £16,605 - £17,208)
Contract: 32 hours per week – 8.45am-3.45pm daily (Friday 8m – 3.15pm) Term Time only.
Closing Date: Monday 11th October 2021 at 8am
To Apply: https://arkcareers.engageats.co.uk/Vacancies/W/6137/0/315300/19505/learning-support-assistant?utm_source=external&utm_term=london-secondary-ark-bolingbroke-academy-education-support-permanent-full-time&utm_content=learning-support-assistant&utm_campaign=default-campaign&utm_medium=AtsViewLink
- To provide support to pupils during lessons and exams and support the Lead LSA’s and Head of SEND to facilitate Educational, Health and Care plans providing pupils with positive outcomes.
- To facilitate teaching and learning in the classroom to ensure consistent delivery of agreed outcomes.
- Establish and build a respectful, supportive and honest relationships with pupils during the delivery of interventions.
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Follow the Bolingbroke values daily and ensure this is reflected in your working practices.
- To assist with the follow through for related services e.g. speech/language therapy, occupational therapy and physical therapy.
- To promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils in the school, including those with physical, learning and behaviour difficulties.
- To assist with behaviour management within and outside the classroom.
- Participate in duties based on the needs of the school.
- Support the Lead LSA’s to create and design a programme of educational sessions that is pupil led and following results, evidence and guidelines.
- Support the delivery of a creative, diverse and innovative approach to improving emotional health outcomes for pupils.
- GCSE English and Mathematics (or equivalent) at grade C or above.
- Degree level qualification
- First aid qualification
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils