Maths Teacher - Wandsworth Hospital and Home Tuition
Full or part-time considered
Start Date: January 2023
Due to the expansion of our service, an opportunity has arisen at Wandsworth Hospital and Home Tuition Service (HHTS) for a suitably qualified and experienced Maths Teacher to join our team in delivering high quality teaching across all sectors of our ‘Outstanding’ provision.
We require an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher who would like to broaden their experience in working with vulnerable young people in a Hospital Schools/medical PRU and within the community.
HHTS is comprised of the St George’s Hospital classroom and four classrooms within the CAMHS Campus at Springfield University Hospital; Tooting- Aquarius Acute Adolescent Psychiatric Unit, Wisteria Adolescent Eating Disorders Unit and Corner House National Deaf Unit. The Service also supports children with medical needs and mental health issues in their homes, mainstream schools and local community.
Ofsted rated HHTS as ‘Outstanding’ once again in 2018. We are committed to maximising access to education for children and young people who have medical needs or mental health issues that result in inpatient admission or recurring absences from school.
About the Role
Under the guidance of the senior leadership team, you will be required to organise, deliver and evaluate learning for children and young people who are inpatients in either hospital, or are too unwell to attend school. Our students present with a range of educational needs and abilities, including those with AEN and very high levels of achievement. The range of children require teachers with excellent subject knowledge and a love of their subject. This role incorporates a balance of class teaching in the hospital classrooms and 1:1 teaching in the community. The role is primarily as a Maths teacher however an ability and interest in teaching some Science to small groups or 1:1 would be beneficial.
Our well-resourced provision is staffed with highly qualified and innovative teachers and support staff, and you will work in partnership with the multidisciplinary team within the hospital. You must be willing to work flexibly in a challenging yet rewarding, supportive and creative environment.
- The opportunity to work in a unique, dynamic, successful and forward-facing service; supported by talented committed and conscientious colleagues.
- High levels of support, supervision and personalised continued professional development while ensuring teachers have professional autonomy in their role.
- An excellent environment in which to further develop your skills with innovative opportunities for professional development
We welcome applications from teachers who have the following:
- a proven ability to teach mathematics, including supporting students at A Level
- experience of successful outcomes for pupils with SEN and high achieving students
- an outstanding teaching record
- the ability to plan and deliver outstanding teaching and learning for both individuals and small groups with high quality outcomes for all pupils
- the ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders (schools, health, other agencies and parents)
- an ability to teach one or all of three Sciences as a second subject would be an additional benefit
Experience of working with students with mental health needs would be of added benefit.
Please contact the school if you have any queries. Telephone: 020 3513 6103. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below
Or, to apply, please visit our website https://www.hhts.wandsworth.sch.uk/about-us/vacancies
Completed application should be returned to the school by email - email@example.com
Closing date: 06 October 2022 (at noon)
Interviews: Week commencing 10 October 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the workplace and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and CVs are not accepted.
Wandsworth Hospital and Home Tuition Service (HHTS) Medical PRU
CAMHS Campus School
Building Number 5, Springfield University Hospital
61 Glenburnie Road, Tooting, SW17 7DJ
Tel: 0203 513 6103
Headteacher: Tara Bell
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils