Midday Supervisor - Victoria Drive Primary Pupil Referral Unit
7.25 (7 hours 25 minutes) hours per week (Monday to Friday 11:45am-1:30pm)
Term Time only (39 weeks)
Victoria Drive is a warm, welcoming and inclusive Pupil Referral Unit that prides itself on the highly effective working partnership with Wandsworth Primary schools. It provides expert teaching and support to pupils who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMHD). The core objective of the work is to sustain very low levels of exclusion by promoting the inclusion of pupils and strengthening schools’ capacity to respond to pupils’ needs.
Line Manager: The post holder will be directly responsible to the School Bursar
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting in securing the safety and welfare of pupils during lunch and break times.
- Undertaking the supervision and control of pupils in the playground.
- Undertaking the supervision and control of pupils in the D & T room and classrooms.
- Other associated support duties.
Duties and responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated below. Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the head teacher.
Conditions of employment
- The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the written statement of conditions of employment (the contract of employment).
- S/he is required to support and encourage the PRU’s ethos and its objectives, policies and procedures as agreed by the PRU Management Board.
- S/he shall uphold the school’s policy in respect of child protection and safeguarding matters.
- S/he shall be subject to all relevant statutory and institutional requirements.
- S/he may be required to perform any other reasonable tasks after consultation.
- This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification at any time after consultation with the post holder.
- All members of staff are required to participate in the school’s appraisal scheme.
An Application Form and supported documents can be downloaded below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email
firstname.lastname@example.org or post.
Closing date: 24 September 2021 (at noon)
Interviews: Week commencing 04 October 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
Wandsworth Borough Council
Victoria Drive Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
78 Victoria Drive
Tel: 020 8780 2360
Fax: 020 8789 9453
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils