Nursery Teacher - Somerset Nursery School
Required for September 2021 with flexibility to start in the Summer Term 2021
Somerset is an outstanding and inspirational Nursery School in the heart of the Battersea community. The Governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspiring Nursery Class Teacher.
- have Qualified Teacher Status, with substantial experience teaching the EYFS and evidence of continuing professional development
- be graded ‘Good or Outstanding’ in lesson observations
- have energy and passion for teaching and learning in the early years, with high expectations and ability to inspire and motivate young children
- have a sound knowledge of the EYFS and relevant national strategies; understanding how young children learn and how learning is appropriately and successfully enabled in the early years
- have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- have the ability to lead by example and work collaboratively to build on the strengths of the team
- have the strength to hold others to account and be accountable
We can offer you:
- experienced, friendly and supportive staff
- an ethos were each child is valued as an individual
- an open-plan well-resourced learning environment with an extensive outdoor area
- a learning community where parents are valued as partners
- strong leadership with a clear strategic direction
- excellent professional development opportunities to ensure your individual needs are met
You will be joining a committed and dynamic staff team and an experienced and knowledgeable governing body, all dedicated to providing an exciting, stimulating and safe environment for the children.
Visits to the School are very much encouraged. Please ring to arrange an appointment.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below
Completed application forms are to be returned to the school by post or email - firstname.lastname@example.org as detailed above.
Please address the person specification when completing the application form.
Closing date: 19 April 2021 (at noon)
Interview date: date TBC
Pre interview references will be sought
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Somerset Nursery School
157-159 Battersea Church Road
London SW11 3ND
Tel: 020 7223 5455
Fax: 020 7228 4989
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils